Sunday, November 16, 2008

Find of the Day

We had a perfectly lovely time at the Felt Club today. The Shrine Auditorium was full to the hilt of crafty folks selling their goods. I was very pleased with the variety of merchandise, and the care and professionalism that was displayed. My absolute favorite find today is the local illustrator Catia Chien. She makes dreamy watercolors that remind me of the feeling of comfort and delight that I got as a child looking at the illustrations of Jessie Wilcox Smith and others of her era. Catia Chien's whimsical drawings are very differnt from those in A Child's Garden of Verses, but they evoke the same delight in me, which I find is not as common a feeling as an adult, and perhaps that is why I'm so excited to shaire my find. She has prints and other little gifts avaliable on her website so check it out!

xoxo,
marion

Art Avaliable online at www.catiachien.com

No comments: