Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Old Year, New Year


Well, it's been great 2008... now I'll be feelin' fine in 2009. And what's a New Year post without lists, glorious lists?

So with that in mind here are my personal favorite albums of the last year...
1. Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
2. Beach House - Devotion
3. MGMT - Oracular Spectacular
4. Shearwater - Rook
5. Anathallo - Canopy Glow
6. Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend
7. Baby Dee - Safe Inside the Day
9. The Presets - Apocalypso
10. Rodriguez - Cold Fact (I realize that this is a re-release, but I think an argument could be made for including it, and it was one of my favorite discoveries of 2008)

The official Melophobe list can be found on their website, as well as my review of the above mentioned MGMT album, and some other fun reviews.
More lists to come!

xoxo,
marion

No comments: