Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Top Five Fashion Moments of 2008

5. Tom Ford Gives Gucci the Finger
Well, I guess I should expect nothing less from the man who claims to not wear deodorant because he loves the way "human beings smell"(and by "human beings" we can only assume he means himself), and yet sells perfume to the masses. But in my number five favorite fashion moment of '08 Mr. Ford is at it again, this time opening his eponymous store directly across the street from Gucci (his former employers) on Rodeo Drive. Thanks Tom for continuing to be...awesome.

4. Marion Cotillard Owns the Oscars
Perhaps it's because we share the same name, but I think that Marion Cotillard, star of the 2007 movie La Vie en Rose, is just fabulous . She looked especially fabulous on the red carpet at this last years Oscars in this John Paul Gaultier mermaid gown.

3. Philip Crangi Wins CFDA Award
In a decision that was not entirely unexpected the Council of Fashion Designers of America awarded the Swarovski Award for Accesory Design to the totally adorable indie-darling Philip Crangi (who both Kelly and I have a little crush on). And men with beards prevail once again!
2. Steven Meisel Goes Black
In response to the very white world of fashion, photographer Steven Meisel shot an all black issue for Vogue Itaila and the effect was dyamic and totally gorgious. From super model Naomi Campbell to the fresh face of Jourdan Dunn the models did not disapoint.

1. I'm my own number one fashion moment!
I think I must put myself on here as my favorite fashion moment of 2008. A new chapter in my life began with my first quarter at FIDM and I'm beyond excited to see where all this is going. Here's to an amazing 2009!

xoxo,
marion

No comments: