Tuesday, July 3, 2007

"Oh, Marilla!"

So, according to the interwebs there is a new version of Anne of Green Gables (under the clever guise of a prequel) that is currently in production. Although I have deep love for both the books and the TV mini series directed by Kevan Sullivan in the 80's, I'm about as excited for this new version as I was to watch that somewhat depressing cable spin-off staring Sarah Polley (although I adore her).

I can't help but think the whole Youtube casting idea they are using for this new version is a little pretentious. I don't know, but it seems to me rather unlikely that they'll find some pure, wide-eyed young thing just bursting with untaped acting ability by opening the floodgates of the internet. It's like a really contrived version of the "I just found her at the Mall!" story.

So instead of waiting with baited breath for the new movie, I will be drooling over this wonderful Victorian inspired jewelry that I just discovered!

The jeweler is Stefanie Freydont for Extasia Designs, and each cameo is hand-carved by artisans from Torre del Grecco, Italy, the small seaside town where the art of cameo was invented. The pieces have all the romance and charm of the brooch that Anne wore over the lake of shining waters, without the stuffiness of your grandmothers old baubles.

I think even Marilla would approve.

The jewelry is available for purchase online at Extasia.com
Also at Tableau in Ballard, 2220 Market st. and at Crackerjack, 1815 N. 45th

xoxo,
marion

No comments: