Monday, July 16, 2007

Under Cover

My favorite part of the Resort runways this year is the little cover-ups worn with the few swimsuits that were shown. Across the board the message seems to be that elegance and not a skimpy bikini is what will get you noticed by the pool.
From this super conservative look from Fendi...



to something a little sexier (but still covered) at Badgley Mischka

it's less about the suit and more about the accessories. A wide-brimmed hat, a pair of Jacki O. style sunglasses, and anything from a sheer mini dress to a cardigan and you're set! And since I bought my swimsuit for this summer at Target and not Barney's this is perfect for me! I can accessorize my little heart out and no one will be the wiser.

My favorite look is this one from Bottega Veneta

Just when i thought the cropped cardigan had become totally passe here it is done beautifully. And I adore the texture of the suit.
You can emulate this look for less with this one piece from Urban Outfitters

Pair it with a cropped cardi in a contrasting color, and a pair of huge sunglasses!

xoxo,
marion

No comments: