Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Delightful Medium

So I think these girls who make their living as illustrators must be the most adorable group of people in the world. One of my more recent posts was about Kris Chau who is "drawing and dreaming of pretty girls" in Philadelphia. And today I stumbled upon the German illustrator Anke Weckmann whose company name is Linotte, and who currently resides in London. She likes Harriett the Spy (i do too!), and elderberry cordial (i want to try some!) and draws all sorts of fantastic things, from the above portrait of Devendra Bainheart to sweets and treats for Bust magazine. She also currently has a shirt of her design available from the omnipresent Threadless.com ( and I would like to state for the record, that while I don't often wear graphic t-shirts myself, I totally give Threadless a virtual high-five for their support of independent artists.)
Any illustrators I should know about? Do tell!!

xoxo,
marion

No comments: