Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Verdict

So yesterday I posted about my mixed feelings regarding Totokaelo.com and their beta format. Today, however, I must eat my words. I have to admit now after having joined and checked out the site, that it's pretty ingenious. A shopping and social networking site for the worldly working girl to see what the other kids are into is a great way to get people hooked on a store. I am very curious to see if all the chitchat will equal lots of clothes buying. Either way though, the site looks slick and well thought out (even if some aspects are a little hard to navigate), and totally gives you a feeling of having stumbled into a very hip online "community". There are a surprising number of women on the site from around the world, not just the Pacific Northwest, and the assumption seems to be that if you are shopping at Impulse you must be a very well traveled and classy lady. And what lady doesn't like to have that assumption made about her?

xoxo,
marion

No comments: