Saturday, January 3, 2009

It's what I've always said...




These lovely photographs, taken in the Puglia region of Italy by photographer Roland Bello, totally confirm something I have long maintained... That the french sailor-stripe sweater is maybe the most perfect sweater you can hope to own! It's so timeless, classic, versatile and chic. I own three and am always on the hunt for more. Maybe because in some way I can imagine while wearing it that I'm on my way to a beach picnic in southern Italy, or off to sail the high seas, as opposed to my current, rather land-locked, Los Angeles life.

xoxo,
marion

p.s. Don't you totally want to go to Puglia now?!?! *sigh*

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, that is a beautiful sweater! And that scarf, and those glasses...so rad! That Italian man aint so bad either!

")

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

lovely visual delights...especially during cold season!

Unknown said...

i agree with you! those stripe sweaters are classic...i just saw one in the window at Jill Roberts in Beverly Hills this weekend (i'm in LA too!).
xox

Unknown said...

i agree with you! those stripe sweaters are classic...i just saw one in the window at Jill Roberts in Beverly Hills this weekend (i'm in LA too!).
xox